Our business name is Blueline Testing Ltd. Our laboratory has full national accreditation (INAB) to ISO 17025 standard and provides professional material testing services to our clients. Our primary focus is associated with the destructive tensile testing of plastic piping material samples.
We undertake all tensile testing in our laboratory using state of the art tensile testing equipment and software. Our laboratory has national accreditation (INAB) to ISO 17025 standard.
There are a large number of applications and requirements for tensile testing of materials across numerous industries, construction manufacturing and aerospace to name a few. Our business is uniquely tailored to the construction industry with our primary focus been the installation of HDPE pipelines for water and gas. When installing new HDPE piping it is standard practice and extremely prudent to test and inspect the welds on the HDPE piping mains prior to putting the main into operations. By doing this the risk of future water or gas main failure which can result in costly and inconvenient leakages and outages is greatly reduced. We provide our clients with the professional, consistent and clinical testing procedure and technical reporting to provide the assurance necessary to them
The workflow process is as follows:
- Customer contact us and books a material test.
- Customer send us a sample of the HDPE pipe weld (this sample is two short pieces of pipe welded together).
- Blueline testing extract a controlled sample from the pipe sample in accordance with the testing specification and standards.
- This controlled is then tested in the laboratory using the tensile testing machine.
- All stress and strain results are recorded.
- Report is issued to the client.